Enjoy some of BoB’s best Thanksgiving desserts, from cakes to cheesecakes to cobblers and a whole lot in between!
The Best Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
While I’m still of the mindset that Thanksgiving is primarily about the pies, I absolutely feel there’s room for some other desserts as well. It’s good to have a little variety, right?
Here are some of my favorite desserts to make for Thanksgiving. I’ve got cakes, cobblers, cheesecakes, and more. There are some from way back in the archives and some much more recent. And be sure to follow along with my baking adventures for a few more dessert ideas.
Enjoy! And happy Thanksgiving! (And if you still want pie, click here!)
A beautiful, delicious cake is a wonderful ending to your Thanksgiving meal. These cakes feature seasonal flavors along with some year-round favorites. There’s a lot of territory to cover here, so I’ve broken them down into types of cakes to help you navigate a little better.
- Butter Pecan Cake – Beautiful and delicious with lots of pecans and a little white chocolate (pictured above)
- Apple Spice Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting – A big-time reader favorite!
- Double Nut Chocolate Cake – So decadent and delicious
- Caramel Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – A minimalist twist on the classic cake
- Italian Cream Cake – A fantastic combination of pecans, coconut, and cream cheese
- Chocolate Chip Cake – A simple cake that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser
- Pecan Cake with Caramel Mousse – This cake has serious wow factor!
- Sweet and Salty Cake – A chocolate and salted caramel dream!
- Brown Sugar Spice Cake with Caramel Rum Glaze – Plenty of spices and a rich glaze
- Hazelnut Pear Bundt Cake – Sweet pears, toasted hazelnuts, and a sour cream glaze
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake – A must-bake for peanut butter fans!
- Amaretto Almond Bundt Cake – Beautiful and flavorful with big almond flavor
- Cranberry Bundt Cake – A lovely blend of sweet and tart with a bit of orange
- Apple Spice Cake with Caramel Glaze – Fresh apples, warm spices, and a rich, gooey glaze
- Toasted Pecan Bundt Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Glaze – Toasty nuts and a sweet glaze… oh yeah
- Pecan Pie Bundt Cake – The great flavors of the classic pie in cake form!
- Cinnamon Hazelnut Bundt Cake with Brown Butter Glaze – A beautiful cake that’s simple to make
- Caramel Bundt Cake – A simplified version of a classic cake
Single-Layer and Sheet Cakes
- Apple Crumb Sheet Cake – A big-batch cake with plenty of fall flavor (pictured above)
- Flourless Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache – For all the chocolate lovers!
- Pecan Praline Sheet Cake – Wonderfully sweet and nutty
- Tres Leches Rum Cake – Rum Cake meets Tres Leches Cake
- German Chocolate Cake with Coconut-Pecan Sauce – A twist on the classic cake
- Almond Gâteau Breton – Perfect for any occasion, and so easy to make, too
- Butterscotch Spice Poke Cake – Delicious cake, rich butterscotch, and cream cheese frosting
- Brown Butter Texas Sheet Cake – An amazing twist on classic Texas Sheet Cake
- Pecan Cake with Rum Frosting – Tall, delicate, nutty, and amazingly delicious
- Spice Cake with Brown Butter Frosting – For those of us who can’t get enough fall spices!
- Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake – Rich and oh-so chocolate-y!
Mini and Individual Cakes
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes with Peanut Butter Filling – Chocolate and peanut butter are always a good idea
- Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Frosting – The hint of cinnamon is just perfect!
- Brown Butter Hazelnut Bundt Cakes – Nutty little cakes with a dark chocolate ganache
Cobblers, Crisps, and Crumbles
A warm, gooey fruit dessert hits the spot after all that turkey and trimmings. And they’re a good excuse to enjoy a little ice cream, too.
- Cranberry Apple Crumble – A wonderful blend of sweet and tart in a simple dessert
- Autumn Spice Pear Cobbler – A reader favorite filled with fantastic flavor
- Brown Sugar Apple Cobbler – The brown sugar in the topping makes this one special. (pictured above)
- Apple Crisp – A simple, classic fall dessert
- Cranberry Pear Crumbles – Individual desserts for easy serving
- Graham Cracker Apple Pear Cobbler – Love the graham crackers in the topping!
Cheesecakes are one of my go-to desserts for a special occasion. They generally take some time to make, but they’re usually really easy to mix and assemble. For something a little different, I’ve included some no-bake varieties as well.
- Apple Butter Cheesecake – Featuring a swirl of apple butter and a gingersnap crust
- Bourbon Caramel Swirl Cheesecake – Rich, sweet, and bold!
- Spiced Cheesecake Bars – Lots of fall spices and a Biscoff crust
- Butter Pecan Cheesecake – A no-bake favorite! Great with a shortbread crust or a cookie crust.
- Brown Sugar Caramel Cheesecake with Oatmeal Cookie Crust – Amazing layers of deliciousness! (pictured above)
- Brownie Bottom Chocolate Cheesecake – Chocolate on top of chocolate!
- Amaretto Cheesecake – Such wonderful almond flavor!
- No-Bake Apple Cheesecakes – No-fuss individual desserts
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Brownie Crust – So rich and flavorful!
- Pecan and Salted Caramel Cheesecake – For the sweet and salty fans
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars – Sweet, tart, and wonderfully delicious
- Spiced Cheesecake with Oatmeal Cookie Crust – A beautiful dessert with amazing flavor
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake – Two delicious desserts in one!
- Pear Crisp Cheesecake – Sweet, cinnamon-y cheesecake with a pear crisp topping
Thanksgiving dessert doesn’t have to be a grand affair. How about serving a variety of cookies, brownies, and other smaller fare? Or a simple coffee cake for entertaining visitors in a more relaxed setting?
- Apple Cinnamon Crumb Bars – A simple celebration of fall flavors
- Spiced Oatmeal Cookies – 100% irresistible comfort food (pictured above)
- Salted Butterscotch Blondies – Sweet and salty bars with big butterscotch flavor
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake – This little cake is always a good idea. Perfect with coffee!
- Caramel Pecan Thumbprint Cookies – Nutty cookies filled with a simple caramel
- Cookie Butter Cheesecake Brownies – Chocolate, cream cheese, and cookie butter… oh my!
- Banana Bars with Brown Butter Icing – Banana bread in bar form with an amazing icing
- Apple Butter Oatmeal Cookies – Add your favorite apple butter to these fall-favorite cookies
- Almond Cookies – Big almond flavor in an easy-to-make cookie
- Pecan Pie Coffee Cake – The flavors of pecan pie in a simple coffee cake!
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Bars – An indulgent treat with big brown sugar flavor
- Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies – Sweet, soft, and chewy cookies with rich flavor
- Double Chocolate Cinnamon Pecan Brownies – Big-time flavor in a simple brownie
- Cinnamon Crumb Brownies – Crumb topping on brownies? Yes!
These desserts offer some nontraditional options for your holiday meal. There’s a lot to be found a little off the beaten dessert path!
- Pecan Pie Crisp – For those of us who can’t get enough pecan pie filling
- Cookie Butter Pound Cake Bread Pudding – Bread pudding made with pound cake is the BEST (pictured above)
- Chocolate Cobbler – A long-time favorite for a quick and easy dessert
- Butterscotch Pudding – You’ve not had butterscotch pudding until you’ve had homemade!
- Praline Bread Pudding with Caramel-Pecan Sauce – So delicious and decadent!
- Chocolate Pôts de Creme – Easy yet elegant
- Chai Spice Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce – A great make-ahead dessert with wonderful flavor
I hope these recipe suggestions help you plan your best Thanksgiving yet! Do let me know what’s on your holiday dessert menu. And remember to tag me on Instagram if you make a recipe from BoB!