Best Desserts for Outdoor Parties
Need some cookout and picnic dessert ideas? These desserts for outdoor parties don’t need refrigeration and won’t get messy in warm weather!
When warm weather arrives, that also ushers in the season of barbecues, picnics, and other outdoor parties. If you’re anything like me, you’ll have dessert delegated to you more often than not. This collection of desserts for outdoor parties will serve you well throughout these warm weather months.
When you think about warm weather desserts, it’s easy to think immediately of icebox pies and mini cheesecakes and all kinds of cold desserts. But, here’s the thing. If you’re going to be dining outside, then those kinds of desserts are not your friends. No melty, gooey desserts here. What we do have is plenty of delicious crowd-pleasers like cookies, bars, cakes, and more. Perfect cookout and picnic desserts!
As you can guess from the title of those cookies up there, I absolutely adore My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies. They have ground oats mixed into the dough to give them a little oatmeal cookie twist. For years, these have been my most requested cookie. And the recipe makes a big batch, so you’ll have plenty for your dessert-hungry crowd.
- Big Chewy M&M Cookies
- Browned Butter Salty Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bites
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies
- Pound Cake Cookies
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sea Salt Lime Cookies
- Brown Sugar Shortbread
- Cookies and Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Cookies
For a dressed-up brownie, try making this Hazelnut Brownie Tart. Fudgy, nutty brownie batter gets baked on top of a simple cookie crust in a tart pan. This is another good candidate for making a day ahead, as it’s somehow even better the day after it’s baked.
- Sour Cream Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
- Dark and Milk Chocolate Marbled Brownies
- White Chocolate Brownies
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Brownie Cupcakes
- Favorite Fudgy Brownies
Of course, we can’t ignore summer fruits! They’re the best thing about warmer weather. Make good use of your favorite berry or a combination of berries with this Mixed Berry Cobbler. If you happen to have some freezer access nearby your outdoor party, a little ice cream dolloped on top of this is just lovely.
More summer fruit favorites
- Berry Vanilla Cake
- Strawberry Cobbler
- Blueberry Peach Crisp
- Cherry Plum Slab Pie
- Simple Blueberry Cake
- Plum Crumble Bars
- Cherry Vanilla Yogurt Cake
- Blueberry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Berry Crumb Bars
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler
- Raspberry Pecan Blondies
- Summer Fruit Crisp
- Almond Cherry Cake
Bundt cakes are always a winner with me. They’re simple and easily portable. This Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is one of my favorites. It’s packed with chocolate chips and pecans and deliciousness. Plus, it will definitely feed a crowd.
- Easy Chocolate Torte
- Key Lime Bundt Cake
- Italian Cream Snack Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Marbled Cookie Butter Cake
- Berry Swirl Pound Cake
- Biscoff Cupcakes
These Coconut Pecan Shortbread Squares may be the perfect dessert for an outdoor meal. They are amazingly easy to make. We’re talking 5 ingredients. They aren’t overly gooey or sticky. And, they’re made a day in advance. All of that, and I haven’t even mentioned how incredibly good they are!
- Black and White Cookie Bars
- Blueberry Jam Bars
- Brown Butter Blondies
- Raspberry Coconut Oat Bars
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Salty Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- Dulce de Leche Banana Bars
- Snickerdoodle Bars
- Toffee Squares
- Caramel Peanut Blondies
- Caramel Oatmeal Bars
- Coconut Bars with Chocolate Shortbread Crust
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Enjoy outdoor party season, my friends! What desserts do you enjoy at your warm weather gatherings?