Need some cookout and picnic dessert ideas? These desserts for outdoor parties don’t need refrigeration and won’t get messy in warm weather!
Cookout and Picnic Desserts
When warm weather arrives, that also ushers in the season of barbecues, picnics, and other outdoor parties. If you’re anything like me, you’ll have dessert delegated to you more often than not. This collection of desserts for outdoor parties will serve you well throughout these warm weather months.
What Makes a Good Outdoor Dessert
When you think about warm weather desserts, it’s easy to think immediately of icebox pies and mini cheesecakes and all kinds of cold desserts. But, here’s the thing. If you’re going to be dining outside, then those kinds of desserts are not your friends. You want sturdy desserts that don’t need refrigeration and won’t melt all over your guests.
Cookout and picnic desserts should also be easily portable. A batch of cookies or bars will store and transport nicely in a container. A simple cake or pie can be covered and carried as well. Don’t create unneeded stress by needing to worry if your dessert will make it to your outdoor party and still be intact.
Bonus points go toward make-ahead desserts. All of these recipes fall into that category. You can make everything here at least a day in advance so you can just grab it and go when it’s time for your cookout or picnic.
Keep this list bookmarked for your warm weather gatherings. I think you’ll love making and sharing these delicious crowd-pleasers that are perfect cookout and picnic desserts!
As you can guess from the title of those cookies up there, I absolutely adore My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies. They have ground oats mixed into the dough to give them a little oatmeal cookie twist. For years, these have been my most requested cookie. And the recipe makes a big batch, so you’ll have plenty for your dessert-hungry crowd.
More cookie recipes
- Big Chewy M&M Cookies
- Browned Butter Salty Sugar Cookies
- Sprinkle Crinkle Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Bites
- Loaded Nutella Peanut Butter Cookies
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pound Cake Cookies
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sea Salt Lime Cookies
- Brown Sugar Shortbread
- Raspberry Sugar Cookies
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Cookies
These Cookies and Cream Brownies are guaranteed to be a hit! They’re such a simple combination of fudgy brownies and classic Oreos, but they’re always snatched up so quickly.
More brownie recipes
- Sour Cream Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
- Double Chocolate Brownies
- Dark and Milk Chocolate Marbled Brownies
- White Chocolate Brownies
- M&M Brownie Bites
- Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Hazelnut Brownie Tart
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Brownie Cupcakes
- Raspberry White Chocolate Brownies
- Favorite Fudgy Brownies
Of course, we can’t ignore summer fruits! To me, they’re the best thing about warmer weather. Make good use of your favorite berry or a combination of berries with this Mixed Berry Cobbler. If you happen to have some freezer access nearby your outdoor party, a little ice cream dolloped on top of this is just lovely.
More summer fruit favorites
- Berry Vanilla Cake
- Strawberry Cobbler
- Blueberry Peach Crisp
- Cherry Plum Slab Pie
- Simple Blueberry Cake
- Plum Crumble Bars
- Cherry Vanilla Yogurt Cake
- Blueberry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Berry Crumb Bars
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler
- Raspberry Pecan Blondies
- Summer Fruit Crisp
- Almond Cherry Cake
Cream Cheese Pecan Pound Cake is a shining example of just how good a “simple” cake can be. This easy-to-make cake is so flavorful and a sure crowd-pleaser.
More cake recipes
- Easy Chocolate Torte
- Key Lime Bundt Cake
- Cocoa Cake
- Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Italian Cream Snack Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Marbled Cookie Butter Cake
- Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- Berry Swirl Pound Cake
- Biscoff Cupcakes
These Coconut Pecan Shortbread Squares may be the perfect dessert for an outdoor meal. They are amazingly easy to make. We’re talking 5 ingredients. They aren’t overly gooey or sticky. And, they’re made a day in advance. All of that, and I haven’t even mentioned how incredibly good they are!
More bar recipes
- Black and White Cookie Bars
- Blueberry Jam Bars
- Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Brown Butter Blondies
- Raspberry Coconut Oat Bars
- Salted Butterscotch Blondies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Salty Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- Dulce de Leche Banana Bars
- Snickerdoodle Bars
- M&M Sugar Cookie Bars
- Toffee Squares
- Caramel Peanut Blondies
- Caramel Oatmeal Bars
- Coconut Bars with Chocolate Shortbread Crust
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Enjoy outdoor party season, my friends! What desserts do you enjoy at your warm weather gatherings?