M&M Brownie Bites are fun little brownies with a splash of happy color, thanks to mini M&Ms!
Brownies always have a high irresistibility factor for me, but the adorableness of these M&M Brownie Bites really pushes them over the top! These are just so fun, aren’t they?
Beyond the cuteness factor, these are soft, fudgy brownies with wonderful chocolate flavor. I feel like sometimes brownies don’t optimize their chocolate flavor potential, but these are perfect for serious chocolate lovers.
With one exception, these brownies are made with basic baking ingredients you likely already have on-hand. In addition to the basics, you’ll also need mini M&Ms. The mini size is key because of the small size of these brownies. Those little guys will mix much easier into the batter and better distribute throughout the small portions.
Of course, you can also substitute something else for the M&Ms, like nuts or mini chocolate chips. You can also omit them entirely. Just keep in mind that you won’t get as many brownies from the recipe when omitting them.
Tips for Baking Brownie Bites
- Use light-colored, non-shiny metal pans for the best results. I’ve linked to the pans you see here below the recipe.
- Use a good quality chocolate for the best flavor and and texture. Good chocolate doesn’t have to be expensive. Pick one that has a good flavor and that melts easily.
- Whether you line the pans or not is a matter of preference. For small desserts like these, I tend to use liners so that they’re as grab-and-go as possible. Also, the colorful liners give them that extra pop of happy color!
- These brownies can be made in just one bowl. Melt the chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl that allows plenty of room for adding the remaining ingredients.
- To make these brownies as fudgy as they can be, don’t overmix the batter. I prefer mixing with just a large mixing spoon, but you can use an electric mixer if you prefer. The more it’s mixed, the more cake-like they’ll be. That applies to the eggs as well. I really mean that “lightly” beaten part.
- Be sure to let the chocolate and butter mixture cool before adding the other ingredients. If you add the other ingredients immediately, you’ll have a mess on your hands because the hot mixture will actually start cooking the eggs.
- Don’t over-bake the brownies. When a pick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, they’re ready.
- For more brownie tips, be sure to see my Tips for Baking Brownies from Scratch.
These brownies will keep for a few days tightly covered at room temperature. Because they make a big batch, you’ll have plenty to share. Or freeze some for when your future self is craving brownies!
Of course, they may disappear before you can get around to gifting them or freezing them. Luckily, they’re quick and easy to make so you can whip up another batch!
M&M Brownie Bites are a great dessert for a fun celebration or just because. The splash of color from the candies makes them eye-catching, but the flavor is what will have you coming back for more. And because they’re so easy to make, they make a great baking project when you want something homemade without a lot of fuss.
More M&M Dessert Recipes