Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
Love chocolate and peanut butter? Just wait until you try these soft, fudgy, flavorful Peanut Butter Chip Brownies!
We’ve been settling into a new apartment, and my baking routine has taken a backseat to unpacking and organizing. So when Quinn started making some not so subtle hints that he would enjoy some brownies, I figured it was long past time to get back in the kitchen. And what better place to start than these quick and easy Peanut Butter Chip Brownies?
These brownies are a simple twist on a fudgy brownie I’ve made many times. (Hello, Fudgy Cookies and Cream Brownies!) They’re not fancy or elaborate. They’re just really, really good, especially if you’re a big fan of chocolate and peanut butter like I am.
Peanut butter chips are responsible for all of the peanut butter flavor here. (Look for them alongside chocolate chips.) They are such an easy way to add a little or a lot of peanut butter flavor to baked goods. And these brownies are really packed with peanut butter chips. In fact, I’m not sure I could have gotten any more mixed into the batter. If you’d like a few less, then feel free to dial it back to suit your tastes.
These brownies are made with both melted chocolate and cocoa powder for a big, fudgy chocolate experience. Plus, you get a little bit of that crackly top that cocoa powder often gives brownies.
If you’re a chocolate and peanut butter fan looking for a quick and easy treat, then I think you’ll love these Peanut Butter Chip Brownies. Brownies with peanut butter chips aren’t exactly revolutionary in the baking world, but I can tell you that they 100% get our seal of approval!
More Brownies with Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Chip Brownies
Yield: 16 2-inch brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces (57g) unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (31g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 & 3/4 cups (350g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 3/4 cups (292g) peanut butter chips*
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave at half power in 30-second increments until the butter has melted and the chocolate melts when stirred. Stir until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, followed by the sugar, and then the eggs and the vanilla. Add the flour and salt, and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges are set and a pick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool the brownies in the pan. Then cut into squares and serve.