Oatmeal Raspberry Bars
Do you ever have one of those days when you just want something, anything, to be simple? I’m sure we’ve all found ourselves in that boat. These Oatmeal Raspberry Bars are just the quick and easy sweet treat for those kind of days.
This is the kind of recipe that you’re very likely to have all the ingredients on hand to make whenever the craving strikes. They start with a simple shortbread crust that also serves as the topping. Between that is a layer of raspberry preserves.
These bars come together so easily, bake quickly, and taste amazing. I like to mix these kinds of crusts with a pastry blender or by hand. It mixes quickly and with just dirtying one bowl. You can also mix the crust in a food processor if you like.
For some variety, you can easily substitute another flavor of jam or preserves for the filling. You’ll need a good bit to cover all the crust. I use about 1 & 1/4 cups, but you could bump it up another 1/4 cup if you want just a little more fruit flavor. For reference, I find that a 15 ounce jar of preserves is just the right amount for me.
So, are they quick? Yes, from the moment I start gathering ingredients to the time I put the pan in the oven, only about 20 minutes have passed. What about easy? The crust/topping mixes easily with very little mess. The raspberry component comes from a jar of store-bought preserves or jam. In terms of return on investment, these Oatmeal Raspberry Bars are more than a winner!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of the links, I’ll receive a
small commission at no additional cost to you.
Oatmeal Raspberry Bars
Yield: 24 2-inch bars
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
These super simple Oatmeal Raspberry Bars are always such a hit. The chewy oat crust and topping and that sweet raspberry filling make them irresistible!
- 1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1 & 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 & 1/4 cups raspberry jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″x 13″x 2″ baking pan.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add the butter, and mix with a pastry blender, a fork, or your hands until combined. The mixture will be loose but should hold together when pinched.
- Mix in the oats and lemon juice.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the jam evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top of the jam. Press down gently.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.