Blueberry Oat Cheesecake Bars
Here on BoB, I write often about my favorite flavor combinations. (Hello, chocolate and peanut butter!) One of my favorites shows up a little less frequently, although it is still near the top of my list.
Blueberries and cream cheese are pretty magical together. To be more specific, I’m talking about blueberries and sweetened cream cheese. There’s just something about the sweetness of the berries with the creamy, sweet, tart cream cheese that I can’t resist!
These cheesecake bars are a perfect example of that combo at its best. It all starts with a simple, buttery oat crust. That’s topped with fresh blueberries and a cream cheese filling flavored with a bit of fresh lemon juice. This is all I want a summer dessert to be!
I served these with a simple sprinkling of confectioners’ sugar. As you may be able to tell by the photos, that sugar tends to soak into the bars, so just be sure to add it just as you’re serving. Or, skip the garnish and enjoy these without anything extra. You’ll be more than happy either way.
If you’re a fan of blueberries and cream cheese, too, then be sure to try these recipes:
Clockwise from top left: Blueberry Jamboree, Blueberry Jam Cream Cheese Bars, Vanilla Bean Mini Cheesecakes with Blueberry Sauce, Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecakes, Blueberry Cream Cheese Crisp
Blueberry Oat Cheesecake Bars
Yield: 24 2-inch bars
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:1 hour 5 minutes
Blueberry Oat Cheesecake Bars combine a chewy oatmeal crust, fresh blueberries, and a sweet cream cheese filling for an irresistible dessert.
For the crust:
- 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (qick or old-fashioned)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and dried
- confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9″x 13″x 2″ baking pan.
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and allow the crust to cool to room temperature.
To make the filling:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sugar and flour, and continue mixing until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing just until combined after each addition. Mix in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Scatter the blueberries over the cooled crust. Pour the filling mixture over the blueberries.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted about an inch from the edge comes out clean and the center is firm to the touch.
- Cool the bars to room temperature. Then, cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into bars. If desired, sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar just before serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of the South.