These Chocolate Caramel Kiss Cookies are a fun flavor twist on classic kiss cookies!
Chocolate Caramel Kiss Cookies
I’m sure most of us have had a classic kiss cookie. They’re usually vanilla or peanut butter cookies with a Hershey’s Kiss filling an indentation on top.
These Chocolate Caramel Kiss Cookies bring some interesting flavor in a fun twist on that classic cookie idea. This version is made with lots of brown sugar for a caramel flavor and with butterscotch sundae syrup to bring even more flavor to these guys.
And right on top, of course, is a Kiss. You can use regular ones for these cookies. Or for more caramel flavor, use caramel-filled Kisses.
You won’t find the caramel and butterscotch flavors to be overwhelming here. You’ll certainly know it’s there, but it won’t knock you over the head.
Tips for Success
- Measure accurately. Use a kitchen scale to measure by weight if you can. Otherwise, use the spoon and sweep method.
- Don’t have butterscotch flavoring? No worries. It’s optional if you want to omit it. If you have butterscotch extract, try using about 1/4 teaspoonful in place of an equal amount of the vanilla extract.
- Use a cookie scoop. It will help you portion the dough evenly and easily. Then just roll the dough between your hands to form a ball.
- No chilling necessary. You don’t need to refrigerate the dough before baking, but you’ll likely want to refrigerate it between batches so it doesn’t get too warm.
- Don’t skip the turbinado sugar. This coarse, partially refined sugar adds even more caramel flavor, a little crunch, and a bit more sweetness to these cookies. You can usually find turbinado sugar in most grocery stores. The flavor and color work well for these cookies, but a white coarse sugar will work if you can’t use turbinado.
These fantastic Chocolate Caramel Kiss Cookies have such lovely flavor. They also have a light texture, with just a little crunch thanks to the turbinado sugar coating. And they’re just so pretty, too! They’re just the kind of cookies that warrant repeat baking!
More Thumbprint Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies
- Caramel Pecan Thumbprint Cookies