No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are old-fashioned favorites made with a short list of ingredients. These gooey, chewy cookies are a long-time favorite!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
These classic No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies commonly make appearances on lists of all-time favorite cookies. We’ve all likely made some variation of this recipe that I’m sure many of you are being hit with a wave of nostalgia right now. They are so simple and just so good that they’ve been around in some form for many years.
You may have also enjoyed these with the addition of chocolate to the batter. While I love that version, too, my inner peanut butter lover is always beyond thrilled to enjoy a couple of these little guys.
In many ways, these sweet, gooey cookies are more candy than cookie. These cookies aren’t baked, but are rather made on the stovetop. If you can melt things and stir, you’ve got this. Seriously, these are amazingly easy to make!
As you might expect, these little guys are a little sticky. Be sure to let them set well before serving, but you still may want to store them in the refrigerator to help them stay sturdy.
Tips for Success
- Measure all ingredients before starting. You’ll need to move fairly quickly making these cookies, so it’s a great help to have everything measured and ready to go. That includes having the lined pans ready, too.
- Use a large saucepan. You’ll need plenty of room for the bubbly mixture and for stirring the ingredients. I use a 3.5 quart heavy saucepan like the one linked below the recipe.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion the batter. It will speed up the process and also make the size of the cookies consistent.
- Don’t skip the chilling time. These gooey cookies need that stint in the refrigerator to set. You may want to store them in the refrigerator as well, especially during the warmer months.
- Use natural peanut butters with caution. There’s quite a bit of variation among natural peanut butters, so it’s tough to say how well they would work in these cookies. Use regular peanut butter for the best and most consistent results.
- Add more oats if you like. If you want these to be a bit more chewy and a little less gooey, then add up to another cup of oats.
- Want to add some chocolate? Try melting some dark chocolate and drizzling on top of the cookies.
I have to admit that these No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are one of my weaknesses. I just love everything about them, from their ease of preparation to their sweet and salty goodness. They’re such a quick and fun kitchen project, too. These cookies definitely deserve a spot on my favorite cookies list!