S’mores Swirl Brownies
Recently, several food bloggers were asked by Betty Crocker to have a little fun with their new line of Betty Crocker/Hershey’s products. This is my second recipe using one of their new products. My first was Cookies and Cream Filled Cupcakes. Enjoy!
I have no idea how I’ve been blogging for over seven years and have yet to have any recipe remotely related to s’mores. How can that be? Well, that changes today!
By now, I’m hoping you’ve begun to see the new Betty Crocker & Hershey’s products in your local markets. I had a lot of fun playing around with them and coming up with recipes using them. For these brownies, I used their S’mores Cupcake Mix.
I adore layered bars of all kinds, and especially layered brownies. I decided to go that route, starting with a graham cracker crust and then turning the cupcake mix into brownies.
And, of course, s’mores are not s’mores without marshmallows! The cupcake mix comes with a package of marshmallow filling. I dolloped that right on top of the brownie mixture and swirled it into the brownies. I opted not to use quite all of the filling, but that’s completely a preference thing. Use as much as you like.
The end result is a wonderful brownie with all the best parts of s’mores baked right in. Nice graham cracker crust, plenty of gooey marshmallows. And, the best part is that with the mix in hand, you just need a couple more ingredients to get these whipped up and in the oven.
S’mores Swirl Brownies
Yield: 16 2-inch brownies
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
- 1 17.9-ounce box Betty Crocker Hershey’s S’mores Cupcake Mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine Graham Crust mix with 2 tablespoons melted butter, stirring until all the crumbs are moistened. Press crust into bottom of prepared pan.
- Place Cupcake Mix, 1/2 cup melted butter, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Mix until mixture is blended and smooth. Pour batter on top of crust in pan and spread evenly.
- Squeeze Marshmallow Filling several times to soften. Cut off the corner of the pouch. Squeeze desired amount of filling onto the top of the brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the filling into the brownies.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Disclosure: Betty Crocker provided me with products and compensation for recipe development. All opinions are my own.