Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart
Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart is just the super easy dessert recipe you need for berry season!
Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart has a permanent spot on my super quick and easy list. It’s one of those great recipes that really makes the most of a few simple ingredients. You know that I’m all about keeping things simple and easy, but this beauty is really, really easy.
It starts with frozen puff pastry. As much as I love baking from scratch, there are a few shortcut ingredients that I happily embrace. Puff pastry is one of those, and I pretty much always have some in my freezer. It’s such a convenient thing to use when you need a last-minute dessert or when you just want something quick and easy. It cuts down on prep time and bakes up beautifully.
Topping off that puff pastry base is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Blueberries and cream cheese were just made for each other, and that pairing really shines in this tart. The cream cheese filling will take you just a few minutes to mix and spread onto the puff pastry. Then just top with the sweetened blueberry mixture, sprinkle a few almonds on top, and it’s ready for the oven!
As is true of a lot of puff pastry treats, this tart will be at its best on the day it’s baked. The pastry can start to get a little soggy after that. It’s still delicious, but it just won’t be at its best. That’s why it’s even more important that this dessert be easy enough to whip up in short order.
If you like, serve slices of this tart with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream. Both are great, although I slightly prefer the way whipped cream complements both the flavors and the texture.
Keep this Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart in mind for those times you need a last-minute dessert or you just want a little bit of easy in your life. Try it with other fruits, too, for some variety. I think you might just find yourself making this one often!
More Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert Recipes
Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart
Yield: 9 to 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Blueberry Cream Cheese Tart is a fantastic treat made with the convenience of frozen puff pastry. The flavor is amazing!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed on the countertop for about 20 minutes*
- 4 ounces (113g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (340g) blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, optional
- sanding sugar, optional
- ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Unfold the thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll just a bit to a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
- Score the pastry about 3/4-inch from the edges all the way around. Be careful not to cut all the way through the pastry. Transfer the pastry to the prepared pan.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until thoroughly combined and smooth. Spread evenly on the pastry right up to the scored edges.
- Place the berries on top of the cream cheese mixture, again right up to the scored edges.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the berry mixture. If desired, sprinkle lightly with sanding sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
- If desired, serve with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
*Be sure not to leave the puff pastry on the counter too long or it can get sticky and hard to handle. If that’s the case, place it back in the freezer for a few minutes.