Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes
Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes feature a sweet, creamy cheesecake filled with bits of cookies. And there’s a whole Oreo cookie for the crust!
I’m not a huge fan of Oreos or, really, any kind of store-bought cookie. I have spoiled myself with the homemade variety. That being said, I am not the least bit hesitant to use store-bought cookies as an ingredient, like with these cheesecakes.
The crust of these little Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes is actually a whole Oreo, not crumbs. Leaving the cookie intact makes for a thick crust that gets nice and soft after they’ve baked and chilled. Plus, they make these easy to make by skipping the process of making a crust. And, of course, topping off those Oreos is one of my favorite things – cheesecake.
I suppose it wouldn’t meet the legal definition of a cookies and cream cheesecake without even more Oreos mixed into the cheesecake. I especially like the addition of sour cream to the cheesecake filling. It offsets all that sweet with just a little bit of tartness.
Quinn proclaimed these as one of the best things I’ve ever made. I have to say that I might have to agree with him. I’m always excited for cheesecake, and that dark chocolate cookie addition just makes them even better!
These Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes are great for a crowd. I like to make individual treats for larger groups because they are so much easier to transport and serve. While I topped the ones you see here with sweetened whipped cream and even more cookies, you can certainly leave them unadorned and not miss the topping.
As if these beauties don’t have enough going on for them, they’re wonderfully quick and easy to make, too. You just need one bowl to mix the filling because of the simplified crust. I think you’ll love their flavor and simplicity. And I think you’ll enjoy seeing how quickly they disappear!
More Cookies and Cream Dessert Recipes
- Fudgy Cookies and Cream Brownies
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Cookies and Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bake or Break is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes
Yield: 30 cheesecakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes per pan
Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes are sweet little desserts made with everyone’s favorite – Oreos!
- 42 Oreos, 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped
- 32 ounces (907g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (227g) sour cream
- pinch of salt
- sweetened whipped cream and more cookies, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line 30 cups of standard muffin pans with papers liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each liner.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the sugar, beating until combined. Mix in the vanilla.
- Drizzle in the eggs, a bit at a time. Beat in the sour cream and salt. Stir in the chopped cookies.
- Divide the batter evenly among pans, filling each almost to the top. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool completely on wire racks. Then refrigerate in the pans 4 hours or overnight. Remove from the pans just before serving.
- If desired, top the cheesecakes with sweetened whipped cream and more cookies.
Recipe slightly adapted from Martha Stewart’s Cupcakes.