Bourbon Pecan Biscotti
As much as I bake, there are some things that I just don’t bake as often as I would like. Biscotti is one of those things that I love but I seem to make infrequently. With the hopes of changing that pattern, I’m very happy to share these Bourbon Pecan Biscotti with you!
When it comes to biscotti, I usually like to keep things simple. You just don’t need a lot of competing flavors in these cookies. For this recipe, the flavor is focused on toasted pecans, a splash of bourbon, and plenty of brown sugar.
Traditionally, biscotti is served alongside coffee or tea so that you can dunk them into your beverage of choice. That softens the cookies a bit and adds another element of flavor. As someone who doesn’t drink coffee or tea, I will happily tell you that these are excellent with hot chocolate, too.
I prefer toasting the pecans for these biscotti, but that’s certainly optional. Toasting adds more flavor, which really stands out with the flavor focus so much on the pecans. In case you need a reminder on how to toast nuts, spread them in a single layer on a lined baking sheet. Bake them at 350°F for about 12 to 15 minutes. You’ll likely be able to smell that wonderful toasty aroma that lets you know they’re done. Then just set them aside to cool before you start making the dough.
Speaking of making the dough, this one comes together quite easily. It can be a little sticky when you’re shaping it, but a little flour on your fingertips will help. After a first round of baking, simply cut the dough into slices and let them have another round of baking to finish. They’re really just so easy to make!
These cookies are nicely crunchy on the outside but a bit softer than most biscotti on the inside. That makes them great for snacking without dunking, too. Enjoy them however you like!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of the links, I’ll receive a
small commission at no additional cost to you.
Bourbon Pecan Biscotti
Yield: 18 biscotti
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 47 minutes
Add a little sweetness to your coffee or tea break with these delicious Bourbon Pecan Biscotti!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the bourbon and vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Stir in the pecans.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pan. Shape the dough into a rectangle about 3 & 1/2” wide and 3/4” tall. The dough will be a bit sticky, so dust your fingertips with a bit of flour if necessary to help you shape it.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes (or until it’s cool enough to handle).
- Use the parchment paper to transfer the biscotti to a cutting board. Cut the biscotti into 3/4” crosswise slices.
- Line the baking sheet with a fresh sheet of parchment paper or clean silicone liner. Place the biscotti, cut side down, onto the pan.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until browned. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.