Weekly Mix: Chocolate!
Happy Friday, my baking friends! I hope you’ve all had a great week. I spent the week visiting family and friends in Mississippi and celebrating an early Christmas. I am happy to be back home now and am ready to get back into the kitchen!
- Turtle Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies are all the things we love about Turtle Cheesecake condensed into a beautiful cookie.
- Cornmeal Cookies are a subtly sweet cookie that’s great to offer as a complement or an alternative to all of your more decadent holiday treats.
- Almond-Apricot Sandwich Cookies are quick and easy cookies that look impressive and taste amazing.
If you’re looking for more cookie ideas, just peruse the Recipe Index.
Now, let’s talk about one of my very favorite baking ingredients… chocolate! I tend to be a little picky about my chocolate, and I always try to use the best I can, especially in desserts where chocolate is the star.
One of my favorite brands is Scharffen Berger. I especially love their cocoa powder. For those of you in the New York area, Scharffen Berger is hosting a Chocolate Holiday Event on Thursday, December 13, 2012, at Chelsea Triangle at 14th St and 9th Avenue. They are serving up hot cocoa, offering samples, and much more. All for free! They’ll be there until 7pm, so get there if you can. I’m certainly planning on it!
If you aren’t able to get there, Scharffen Berger has a treat for a Bake or Break reader. They are going to send one of you a generous sampling of some of their best products. Here’s what you’ll get:
- Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- Scharffen Berger Baking Bar
- Scharffen Berger Chocolate Chunks
- 12-piece Folio Box of Tasting Squares
Here are a few details about entering:
- Giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. only.
- Winner will be chosen randomly.
- The winner will be contacted Friday, December 14th, 2012, via the email provided with entry. If no response is received within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- Prize is provided by Scharffen Berger. I also received equivalent items. All opinions are my own.
Good luck! And happy baking!
Pssst! If you want even more giveaway fun, be sure to enter this Choose-Your-Own Gift Card Giveaway for Bake or Break’s Facebook fans.